So this a topic I really love! HEMP!!!
Hemp is such a versatile plant. Also known as cannabis sativa.
Hemp can be used to make over 30,000 different products.
First off let’s talk about nutrition. This is such a complete seed and I believe a great addition to any healthy diet.
Hemp contains; Essential Fatty Acids, all 21 known amino acids (including 9 essential ones that the body cannot produce), protein, fiber.
In my home I have always a bag of hemp hearts, we add them to salad, yogurt, oatmeal, smoothies. Hemp oil, hemp protein are 2 other products that I love having on hand.
The next thing that I will be trying is homemade hemp milk
- Hemp fabric is softer, warmer, more water-resistant and more durable than cotton. And uses less chemicals in production.
- Hemp has a production rate of 10 tons per acres, every 4 months.
- Trees mature in 50-100 years, hemp in as little as 100 days.
- Hemp paper can be recycled up to 7 times, where as wood pulp paper can only be recycled up to 4 times.
- Hemp fuel burns clean, does not destroy the ozone and does not cause acid rain. Hemp fuel is 10 times less toxic than salt and as biodegradable as sugar
Here is a link to an article I saw posted today Hemp repairs DNA
There are so many reason to love HEMP. Using hemp can help improve our health, environment & economy.
Wanna add more hemp to your diet?
Check out some great hemp products in Forevergreen’s Verastiva eco-friendly line.