EXERCISE – Walking releases serotonin. You can’t walk and be mad at the same time!!!!
We all know exercise is part of healthy lifestyle. Health is balance, it’s about what you put in and how much you move.
Here are 6 benefits of getting regular exercise:
1. Control weight – If weight loss or maintenance is a goal of yours, you must exercise regularly to accomplish those goals. The more muscle you have the faster your metabolism will naturally be. Begin at your own fitness level and build up from there. It’s important you set your self some goal and challenge yourself. The body is capable of incredible changes when we step out of our comfort zone.
2. Combats health conditions & diseases – Regular exercise helps with better blood flow, improved circulation will have a positive impact on blood pressure and cholesterol level, reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease. It also has shown to help in preventing or managing health concerns such as type 2 diabetes, depression, arthritis, and even some types of cancer.
3. Improves Mood – Exercise stimulates certain chemicals in the brain, these may leave you feeling happier and more relaxed.
4. Boost Energy – Physical activity enhances the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the tissues of the body, helping your cardiovascular system work more effectively. When your lungs & heart work more efficiently, this will increase your energy level to tackle the day ahead. Exercise also improves muscle strength & endurance.
5. Better sleep – Exercising on a regular basis can help you fall asleep faster & sleep more soundly. Just don’t exercise too close to bedtime, this may leave with a little too much energy to be able to fall asleep.
6. Exercise can be FUN! – There is no one way to get your daily exercise. Some like to hit the gym, put on a workout video at home, go for a walk, play a sport, climb the playground with the kiddies. Have fun with this, when you do things you enjoy you are more likely to stick with it. Be creative and switch it up. Doing a variety of exercises keep the body challenged. And push yourself based on your own personal fitness level.
I just love working out. I personally workout 5-6 days a week. There nothing for me like a session of Turbo Fire to release stress. I feel happy and refresh once it’s done. It’s more fun when you have a workout buddy and also helps to keep you motivated and accountable.
See you tomorrow with Health Principle #5 – Trust in Nature